Friday, February 1, 2013

Who I am!


Hello everyone and welcome to my new blog! My name is Dr. Alvin S. Perry and I'm an Author, Speaker, Business and Career Expert, Entrepreneur, Consultant, Inventor, and Life/CEO Coach. I have 20 years of experience in the consumer products and consulting industries. My corporate experience consists of management positions with IRI, Colgate-Palmolive, NCR Corporation, the Pepsi-Cola Company, M&M/Mars and Wal-Mart. Along with corporate experience, I have adjunct faculty experience with William Patterson University, Montclair State University, and Essex County College where I teach business courses. I have a DBA Degree in Entrepreneurship from Walden University and an MBA from Centenary College and dual Bachelors of Business Administration Degrees in both Marketing and Management, from Valdosta State University.

Now that you have a little more information concerning who I am, I'd like to write about why I'm making this blog. The whole idea behind my blog is just another outlet to reach out to my network and share my views with all of you. For instance, I have recently released my newest book, "The Circus Act", and I plan to give out some information/updates concerning my literary offering.

"The Circus Act" is my way of helping out individuals seeking career and entrepreneurship success. Within the book, I use the circus as a metaphor for life and discuss why you must do more than just perform well in the circus to be the "star." My book will follow two elephants named Purpose and Persistence who are on a journey in pursuit of success. The reason why I chose elephants as main characters is because when young elephants are brought in a circus, they are chained down to a stake or a post. At first, the baby elephants try to escape and break free; but eventually the baby elephants will learn that they won't be able to break free. This experience will stay with the elephants all the way to adulthood. Because of those mental chains the elephants never even try to use their maximum potential and break free. Just like elephants, so many of us have the strength to dream and possess such unique skills to be something great but we end up feeling tied down by mental chains that have been holding us back for so long. After reading my book, I can promise that you will be able to break free from whatever is blocking you from reaching your full potential and succeeding.

This book relates tremendously to what Entrepreneurs at different stages of their career face when reaching towards their goals. The book was created as a simple and effective tool for learning how to overcome simple and complex challenges. Throughout each blog post we intend on covering various chapters of the book relevant to what society has made us face today.

Thank you for supporting my blog and look forward to receiving specific tools for success.

To purchase a paperback copy of The Circus Act, please click here: www.thecircusact.com



No comments:

Post a Comment